Kurdistan

Kurdistan

Friday, January 9, 2009

Aveline 12 yrs old and Eowyn 3 1/2 yrs old
Michele in her element Eowyn and Charlie

My favorite 12 yr old niece My beautiful nieces
I had a wonderful Christmas and New Years. My brother Charlie and his wife Michele invited me to spend the holidays with them in Portland OR. It had been snowing out there for a week already and the city was complete shut down. Which means many of the gifts coming in - didn't make it. So we got to celebrate Christmas over the the whole holidays instead of just one day.
My sister in law is such a gracious hostess. She is a wonderful wife and mother and I was thrilled to spend time with her. Charlie and Aveline spent a lot of time showing me all over downtown Portland (which we had an incredible view from their home on a hill over looking the city). One day they took me to the coast as well.
I loved my time in their home. The Ollingers live a simple life and it gave me time to relax. In the night when I would wake, my window overlooked the city and I could lay in bed and look at the lights. Charlie built a telescope and one night when the clouds cleared for a few minutes I got to see the moon which was truly a great experience. I look forward to visiting again.....

No comments: