Kurdistan

Kurdistan

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Lake Beauty



Last weekend my sister invited me to a quilters retreat at Lake Beauty at Long Prairie MN. It was a wonderful 'fall off the Earth' weekend. I not only learned but completed my first quilt. The Lake Beauty Bible Camp was a beautiful piece of Minnesota countryside. The weather was incredible. It was in the 50's with lots of sun during the day and TONS of stars at night. Sunday morning there was a layer of fog on the still frozen lake.

For those of you who are already addicted. I used 3X3" squares in no specific pattern. I put a maroon edge around it and will back it with a piece of butter yellow polar fleece. I have at least three more projects in mind!!!

1 comment:

Jensens6021 said...

Congratulations on completing your first quilt. It sounds like you had a wonderful retreat.